Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Week Twelve: Diverse Position Science Fiction


For this week I ended up reading I live with you by Carol Emshwiller. It was an interesting short read because it kept me wondering whom the person narrating the story was. It had a sense of mystery to it, because who ever it was, was in control of the situations over someone else’s life. They mad decisions for Nora that her herself wouldn’t have made. It was a confusing read because I never found out who the person narrating was and I don’t know if I was or wasn’t suppose to. I assume that is part of the story to have the reader confused and keep them wondering. Anyhow I found it interesting because it took two random people who never met each other and introduced them by involving someone else who was in control of the setup. These two Nora and Willard would’ve never met each other because they were both unnoticed and we kind of used to that. Both living single/lonely lives. The story in my opinion doesn’t connect with a majoritarian culture because unlike a majoritarian culture in this story one person was making the decision similar to a dictatorship. Making the other 2 involved puppets of situations brought together by someone who wanted to see a certain outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment